Le Relais des Puys
Vulcania is a fun and scientific theme park. This attraction park enables you to better understand how volcanoes, our planet and our universe work!
Vulcania, just 10 minutes or 7km from Le Relais des Puys
These include numerous innovative technologies for creating unforgettable experiences: 3D films, motion-simulator seats and baskets, 180° screens, a tethered balloon which will take you 150 metres up into the sky, immersive trails, giant screens of 415m², moving dinosaurs 10 metres in height, futuristic vehicles for checking out the nieghbouring volcanoes…
2017: Vulcania is 15
Throughout the season, the park is offering events and highlights to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Pitoufeu with you.
- Every day from 1st April to 1st May. Spring break: enjoy a special event created around the Pitoufeu mascot!
- Weekends and national holidays from 6th May to 2nd July. The "Volcano Challenge": discover the park in a new way by taking part in a large interactive game which combines quizzes and challenges from Professor Yapadrisk!
- From 8th July to 25th August. Thrills and performance with street theatre, "the challenges of science", "Experience the heat", firework displays…
- From 21st October to 5th November. Autumn holidays "In search of lost legends": unusual settings, special events and surprises based on the theme of the red volcanoes.
- the "Abyss explorer" dynamic attraction Immersion on board a bathyscaphe, deep under the sea, to discover the oceanic ridges and invisible volcanoes of the abysses. Thrills guaranteed, in a dark yet lively world filled with special effects.
- the 3D film, brand new in France "Tornado Alley" Follow film-maker Sean Casey in one of the most ambitious and dangerous scientific documentaries which will show you a tornado from the inside! Objective: better understand the phenomenon to better warn others. A hair-raising adventure to be experienced on one of the largest screens in Europe: 415m² to plunge you right into the heart of one of these monsters of nature.
- the new forest trail "Sur les traces des dynosaures" presents a dozen moving animals set in a natural environment (Stegosaurus is 7m long, T-Rex is 5m tall)
The discovery events and trails are arranged in three themes:
- EMOTIONS: Tornado Alley / Premier Envol / Le Ballon des Puys / La chaine des puys en relief / Volcans sacrés / Regard sur les volcans / Tunnel des nuées ardentes/ Sur les traces des dynosaures…..
- SENSATIONS: Réveil des géants d’Auvergne/ Dragon ride / Abyss explorer / Terre en colère / Le Monde de Teino (new for 2017)
- DISCOVERY: Bouleversements / Planète dévoilée / Coin des expériences / Machine Terre / VolcanBul / Cité des Enfants
For children and adults alike, the attractions on offer are enthralling: plunge into the depths of our planet and into the fantastical world of dragons in "Dragon Ride", discover the worlds under the sea in "Abyss explorer", find out what a tornado is like from the inside in "Tornado Alley" and of course learn more about volcanoes and the origins of our planet!
Good deal: for priority access, buy your tickets from Le Relais des Puys. This way you'll have as much time as possible to enjoy all the attractions at Vulcania. To visit Vulcania in low-season, you need one day. In peak season, you can buy a ticket for a second day (adults 9€, children 6€, young children 4€).