5 minutes from Le Relais des Puys
5 minutes from Le Relais des Puys, the capital of the Auvergne region which became Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes in 2016
The city of Clermont-Ferrand was born in 1630 after the union of Clairmont and Montferrand, and is now home to over 140,000 residents. The greater urban area brings together 470,000 people.
The city is built on the heart of an ancient volcano.
Local products, craftsmanship, antiques, fashion, sport... in its historic centre, Clermont-Ferrand is strewn with boutiques. Several shopping malls also bring together numerous shops.
Don't miss these places:
- The Gothic Cathedral towers over the historic centre of Clermont, with its private mansions and fountains like those in Amboise
- The Notre Dame du Port Romanesque Basilica is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The historic centre of Montferrand has kept its Medieval fortified layout and some reamarkable private mansions
- Place de Jaude and its large pedestrianised area dominated by statues of Vercingetorix (a work by Bartholdi) and Général Desaix. It is lined with numerous shops
- The imposing façade of the opéra-théâtre on the edge of Place de Jaude
- The gardens of Clermont invite you to relax. The two largest are Jardin Lecoq and Parc de Montjuzet
Museums in Clermont
- L'Aventure Michelin
- Musée Bargoin - archaeology and textile arts
- Roger-Quilliot Art Museum
- Henri-Lecoq Natural History Museum
- Museum of arts and crafts of the First World War
- FRAC Auvergne - Regional collection of contemporary art
- l'Hôtel de Fontfreyde - Photography centre
- La Tôlerie - Contemporary art exhibitions
Le Parc des sports Marcel Michelin, opened in 1911, hosts all the home rugby games for ASM Clermont Auvergne in the top 14. International matches also take place there as well as other events.
Immerse yourself in the world of rugby and the "Yellow and Blues" with ASM Expérience.
The western entrance to Clermont-Ferrand is 4km (5 minutes) from the hotel
The Centre is 7km (15 minutes) from Le Relais des Puys
--- Clermont-Ferrand - Trip to Clermont-Ferrand: hotel restaurant Relais des Puys ---